Most people search for the qualities of their mattresses at home, sometimes with improved features when they want to buy an RV king mattress. Temperature regulation, motion isolation, pressure relief, and durability should all be considered when selecting an RV king mattress. We’ll cover our top picks for the best RV mattresses, including what to consider when shopping for one. Our comprehensive article has everything you need to know before shopping for an RV king mattress.
What Are RV Mattresses Made Of?
There are 6 different mattress types you can choose from, including:
- Memory Foam
- Innerspring (Coils)
What Is the Best RV King Mattress
Layla Memory Foam Mattress
Nectar Memory Foam Mattress
Brooklyn Bedding Aurora Mattress
How Much Is an RV King Mattress
Generally speaking, you can expect to pay a bit more for the king sized mattresses than a more traditional sized mattress you can buy from a box store. Most RV king size mattresses we’ve seen cost between $200 and $500.
Where Can I Buy an RV Mattress?
The top three places we’d suggest when buying a new RV mattress is:
- Amazon: You can find almost anything on Amazon, including mattresses. Just make sure you read the reviews before purchasing.
- Camping World: The go-to site for RV living and camping adventures.
- Mattress Insider: If your set up requires a unique or custom size mattress, this site is the best place to go.
What Size Is an RV King Mattress
You’ll find a variety of different RV mattress sizes depending on the vendor, and there are a few unique-to-RV sizes to choose from in addition to standard mattress sizes.
- RV king mattress: 72 x 75 to 72 x 80 inches
- Eastern King: 80 x 76 inches. They’re ideal for couples who want extra room or those who are traveling with children but only have one bed.
- Cal King: 72 x 80 inches. If you’ve got a longer mobile abode, you’ll find this size can work well.
Some RVs can fit a king-size bed, but it’ll likely need to be narrower than a standard king. So you might need a California King Size Mattress.
What Size Sheets Fit RV King Mattress
Since RV king mattresses come in some unusual sizes, the first step to ensuring you purchase sheets that will fit your bed is figuring out what size your bed is. The most typical RV size is:
- RV King — Between 72”x75” and 72”x80”
Are RV Mattresses Different Than Regular Mattresses
RV king mattress differs from regular mattress in a number of important ways. First of all, RV mattresses are lighter than their regular household counterparts.
Furthermore, most RV beds aren’t built to the same standard sizes as household bedframes. In fact, RV mattresses of the “same” size (for instance, “queen” or “king”) tend to be a few inches shorter or narrower. They also sometimes have curved edges or other custom shapes to help them fit into the space. And in some rigs, mattresses have to be thin and flexible enough to bend when the bedroom slide-out comes in.
Of course, none of that means you can’t put a standard mattress in your RV. You just need to pay attention to your total weight and ensure you can find one that will actually fit into your RV.